Collagen is the most abundant protein in our body and is the primary component of connective tissues such as ligaments, tendons, muscles, and skin. For those of us who are continually looking for ways to improve the appearance and health of our skin, hair, and nails, the polypeptide collagen has proven to work wonders. Our body creates collagen for us, being one of the most abundant proteins in our bodies, there has been an extensive amount of research done on the benefits of this glycine and praline containing peptides.
Listed below is the review of some popular collagen supplements along with their pros and cons:
1. Collagen Peptides by Vital Proteins
These peptides are digestible easily and are soluble at all liquid temperatures. Hence, the preparation time is easy. The best way to prepare is to mix this in water, any fruit juice or any other appropriate beverage and stir it. One can add it to smoothies too, to improve the protein powder. If you are looking to satisfy your taste-buds more, then add to desserts and soups too.
- Nutrient-dense: Collagen Peptides offers 20g of collagen per serving, sourced from one single ingredient
- 0g sugar: A great option for individuals looking to minimize their sugar intake
- Many benefits: Helps support hair, skin, nails, bones and joints**
2. Great Lakes Gelatin containing 2 Collagen Hydrolysate 16-Ounce Cans and Measuring Spoons, Combo Pack
This hydrolyzed collagen is a power – packed protein solution that can be prepared with cold as well as hot liquids. For cold liquids, simply add one or two ounces of the collagen and stir. For the hotter liquids, first, add two tablespoons of the collagen and then pour in the hot liquid and stir well.
- Great Lakes Gelatin Combo: (2) 16-Ounce Cans Great Lakes, Collagen Hydrolysate & (1) Set of Measuring Spoons
- COLLAGEN HYDROLYSATE: Made of ONE simple ingredient, collagen is a dietary supplement with a beneficial combination of amino acids. At Great Lakes Gelatin Company, we believe that a healthy lifestyle and a balanced diet, including collagen, is the cornerstone to a life well lived.
- HEALTH BENEFITS: Supports joint health and aids in post-workout recovery.* BEAUTY BENEFITS: Promotes healthy skin and supports strong hair and nails.*
3. Anti-Aging Marine Collagen Powder by Premium 17.6 Oz
This collagen powder is available in convenient packet form that enables it to be used on the go. For usage, just pick a packet; mix the content with water, juice, smoothies, yogurt, coffee or tea.
- HIGHEST QUALITY & GREAT PRICE Amandean Marine Collagen Powder Packets are sourced from wild-caught cod in the pristine waters of the North Atlantic. Unflavored, easy to mix, and enzymatically processed to keep the peptides intact. Single ingredient from a transparent and sustainable source.
- AGE GRACEFULLY Packed with natural glycine, known as the "anti-aging amino", supports smooth clear skin, strong nails, and full shiny hair. Help clear up skin problems with natural nutrition. Collagen protein has similar benefits as bone broth.
- HEAL YOUR BODY FROM THE INSIDE We need a collagen supplement to replace that which is lost as we age. After 30, our collagen levels start to drop by 1.5% per year. A gut friendly protein that supports a healthy metabolism, muscles, joints, bones, ligaments, cartilage.
4. Premium Collagen Peptides Stick Packets
If you are looking to embrace youth again through the clear skin and healthy hair, then this is the solution for you. You can mix this with all your favorite drinks, stir it well and enjoy. Do note that the effects appear after one or two weeks of consistent usage.
- CLEAN & TRANSPARENT INGREDIENTS Pure Pasture Raised Grass Fed Beef Type I Collagen Hydrolysate from South American Cattle. Non-GMO, Natural, Fat Free, Gluten Free and the best solubility and neutrality on the market. Check our size (30 travel packets, 11g each) when comparing prices!
- COLLAGEN POWDER GO PACKS HELP PROMOTE smooth soft clear skin, healthy joints, tendons, bones, hair, and nails. An anti-aging superfood that's been around for centuries in the form of bone broth. Natural nutrition that supports the digestive system.
- COLLAGEN PROTEIN PACKED WITH 18 AMINO ACIDS nurtures a healthy metabolism. Excellent addition for low carb, Ketogenic (Keto), Paleo, Primal, GAPS, Whole 30 and Bulletproof diets. Great for intermittent fasting too! Easy to use individual serving size packs for your personal water bottle.
5. Multi-Collagen Protein Capsules – Grass-Fed – 90 count
This is an all in one solution catering to all your collagen needs. This is a fantastic breed of grass-fed chicken, beef and wild fish. This is also ideal for people who have high sugar levels or those who suffer from a lack of stamina.
- PREMIUM ALL-IN-ONE BONE BROTH + COLLAGEN PEPTIDES: Get your Collagen needs covered with this all-in-one, super premium collagen and bone broth supplement with a potent, high-quality blend of grass-fed beef, chicken, wild caught fish, and eggshell collagens, providing collagen Types I, II, III, V and X. Unflavored and easy to mix in smoothies, soups, coffees or baked goods.
- WHY COLLAGEN - Collagen makes up 30 percent of all proteins in the body and functions to hold the body together. It works to support hair, skin, nails, joints, and your gut!
- ALL THE BENEFITS OF COLLAGEN, ON THE GO FOR FAST RESULTS: Take three capsules with water or your favorite beverage, anytime, anywhere and get the nutrients of grass-fed pasture-raised collagen type I, II, III, V & X. Collagen has never been so convenient and easy no matter how busy you are.
Collagen powder, supplements, and shots are popular products that promise to add more collagen to your skin, making it look younger and suppler. Adding a little bit of beef and codfish in your regular diet can do wonders too. Before buying any product do check out the Amazon Collagen Peptides and collagen powder’s review, so you get the quality product only. These are soluble in everything so you can take them in tea, coffee, smoothie and pretty much everything.