As the name suggests, Ardha Pavanamuktasana (half wind relieving pose) releases the abdominal gases. It is said that a man with a healthy brain and stomach is wealthy. The name Pavanamuktasana comes from Sanskrit words Pavan, meaning wind, Mukta, meaning relief and Asana means posture. This pose helps you in your weight loss too.
Steps to perform – Pavanamuktasana (Half Wind Relieving Pose):
- Step 1 – Lie on your back. Keep your legs together and place your hands beside your body.
- Step 2 – Take a deep breath and bring your right knee near your chest as you exhale. Then press your thigh on your abdomen with clasped hands.
- Step 3 – Breathe again. Now lift your head and chest to touch your right knee with your chin as you exhale.
- Step 4 – Hold the pose and take a long breathe in and out.
- Step 5 – When exhaling, increase the pressure on your chest by tightening the grip of your hands around the knee.
- Step 6 – Relax and come to normal position by loosening the grip while inhaling.
- Step 7 – Now, repeat the same steps with your left leg.
- Step 8 – You can clasp both the legs and roll from side to side or rock up and down for 3-5 minutes and then relax to complete the pose.
You can try the alternate posture of wind relieving pose
Benefits of Wind Relieving Pose (Pavanamuktasana)
- Performing this Asana regularly strengthens your back and abdominal muscles.
- It is useful for toned legs and arms.
- The abdominal muscles and other organs get massaged.
- The Constipation problem gets cured, and the gases get relieved.
- Blood circulation gets enhanced in the hip joints.
- Lower back muscles get relaxed.