The first impression in this world is primarily based on aesthetic value. Starting from the intellectual to the physical attributes, appearance is one of the main sources of confidence. A dental mishap, for instance, acts as a major gap in the confidence of an individual. In situations like this, dental implants are the saving grace.
In case of any periodontal diseases, accidents, and many more reasons, these implants are the closest for you to have healthy, natural-looking teeth. These dental miracles allow you to eat, smile, laugh, talk, and carry out daily activities confidently without worrying about how you look.
Dental Implants are titanium screws fastened to the jawbone. A tooth or a set of artificial teeth are staged onto these metal screws. The implant is a surgical procedure that acts as an interface between the jaw bone or the skull, providing support.
The process supports the dental prosthesis such as a bridge, crown, facial prosthesis, or a denture to act as an orthodontic anchor. It is commonly known as Osseointegration.
The procedure for dental implants takes over several months apart to finalize. Before the procedure, you need to consult a dentist who shall suggest a comprehensive examination. There will be X-rays making way for a developed plan for the implant.
Once the plan is established and examined to be in good health, a surgery appointment is fixed. The implant procedure occurs at a dental office, presided by a team of professional oral surgeons trained in restorative dentistry. The surgery takes place in several phases.
- In the first phase, your mouth will be numbed with the help of local anesthesia or IV sedation to avoid extreme pain and discomfort.
- To stage the tooth root implant, an incision is made in the gums. The implant is made into the jawbone in the location where the tooth is missing. Once this step is over, the surgeon covers the implant by closing the gums on it.
- You’ll be advised to recover at home and be asked to return for the second phase of the procedure.
- The recovery phase gives the jawbone time to grow around the implant, making it stable enough to stay put. This particular process is called Osseointegration, where the titanium combines with the jawbone.
- Once the implant is determined to secure by the surgeon, a connecting piece called an abutment is staged over the post portion of the implant. This part will hold the new tooth.
- The gums are left to heal. After the healing process, the dentist creates a custom tooth impression for replacement, called a crown. The crown is attached to the abutment. The crown is exactly like the natural tooth, including the surface texture, color, and anatomy.
- After the crown placement, the surgeon explains the post-implant care instructions.
The cost of dental implants depends on various factors which contribute to the price of the whole procedure.
The implants’ brand type, the treatment procedure, bone grafting or the sinus lift, and the dentist’s skills determine the price factor of the whole implant procedure.
The dental implant cost in India is much less than the countries like the USA, UK, and Canada. World-class healthcare technology and products in India at a comparatively cheaper rate make the procedure even more reliable.
A dental implant cost in India will cost you 25,000 INR to 50,000INR, whereas in other countries, the price can cost up to 3000 USD, 2000 GBP, 6000 Dirham, and 4500 AUD for the same procedure.
A single tooth dental implant in India can cost between 20000INR to 45000INR, whereas the same procedures can cost up to 40000INR to 45000INR.
This estimate shall help you estimate the dental implant cost per tooth both inside and outside the country.
The implant cost can vary upon various other factors such as the quality of the implant and requirements of the individual.
Although dental implants can be a boon, there are various negative side effects of the procedure. A few of them are listed below:
- The intricate procedure can lead to nerve damage which might cause pain, tingling sensation, numbness in the natural teeth and surrounding areas such as the gums, lips, and chin.
- There are risks involving infection at the site of the implant.
- When the implants are placed in the upper jaw, they might protrude into the sinus cavities causing pain and damage.
- There are risks involving damage or severe injury to the surrounding areas, such as the teeth and the blood vessels around the implant.
- Titanium in the screw is biocompatible. However, under acidic conditions, it may lead to inflammation, and you might experience galvanic corrosion.
The health risks caused as an effect of the procedure are usually minor and easily treated. These treatments can be sustained with the proper care and instructions of the dental hygienist.
The procedure of the dental implant is mainly broken down into two parts:
The first part is the surgery, and the second is the recovery.
The implants are put in by the dental surgeon, which requires cutting into gums. This sounds painful, but the procedure uses local anesthesia. The incision that exposes the jawbone is numb by the anesthetic, which causes no or less discomfort.
After the incision is exposed, the area is drilled. While this sounds painful, the jawbone has no nerves, which induce the feeling of pain. You will not be able to feel the drilling except pressure on the area. You will feel no irritation and pain due to the local anesthetic in effect.
The surgeon gives you medication before starting the implant. Thus, when the anesthetic wears off, there is enough pain relief. After this process, the healing begins.
Some tenderness is felt after the anesthetic wears off, yet it is not too uncomfortable. Your dentist will recommend a counter pain relief medication to heal the area completely. The dental implant before and after overall does not involve excessive pain and irritation.
However, you must consider medical attention for a follow-up after the procedure if any irritation persists or comes up. While the process is not known to be completely free of pain, it is much less uncomfortable than teeth being pulled out.
The dental implant is a procedure that has been performed for more than 50 years. Thus it is considered to be a safe replacement process. The effects might differ with the health of the patients.
The dental implants might leave a small risk factor which is why it is necessary to meet the eligibility criteria recommended by the dentist before engaging in the procedure. To be eligible for the process, you should have healthy gums and bone density to complement the implant. Being a non-smoker also works in your favor regarding the dental implant.
The implant process is meant to replace the missing tooth safely, thus preventing your other teeth from drifting into spaces left behind. The dental implant problems are less compared to the other tooth replacement choices. Implants do not move around as they are custom-made to fit the shape of your mouth.
In an industry where aesthetic value is one of the biggest selling points and attributes for the actors involved, cosmetic dental implants have made their way in. Celebrities all over the world have taken to this procedure and made the headlines with improved self-esteem, confidence, and skills.
- Divya Dutta, an Indian actress, and model underwent dental implant surgery Zental gentle dental care with remarkable results.
- Yuvraj Singh, the famous Indian Cricket player, underwent the process with The Dental Rooms.
- Jassi Gill, the famous singer/actor, associated with Punjabi-Hindi language music and films, had the dental implant procedure with Zental gentle dental care clinic.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas, the Indian actress, singer, and film producer turned global icon, underwent the dental procedure.
- Aditya Pancholi, the Indian actor, producer, and playback singer, took to the dental implantation with Zental gentle dental care clinic.
- Bhagwant Mann, the Indian Standup Comedian, opted for the dental implant procedure with the Zental gentle dental care clinic.
The key to a successful dental implant is a consultation with your dental surgeon to be advised upon the safest way to achieve a healthy dental prosthesis. Keeping a healthy gum profile, staying away from smoking are some of the key ways to prepare for the procedure.
Invented in 1952, these revolutionary dental implants have come up to be a boon in orthodontal procedures. Safest of all the dental surgeries, cost-effective, involving minimal to curable solutions, the procedure has become a saving grace for people with dental mishaps.