Are you worried about your sagging breasts? Don’t worry; there is special yoga for breasts that can lift them again. So, ladies, it’s time to get back that confidence and tight breasts.
Like fine lines and wrinkles, sagging breasts are also a natural change in the woman’s body with age. However, if you are young and having saggy breasts, then it can be due to smoking, exercising without a sports bra, weight loss, pregnancies, etc.
Causes of Breast Sagging
Here are some of the common causes of breast sagging.
Aging is one of the main causes of breast sagging. As a woman gets old, the ligaments involved in the making of breast tissue stretch and lose elasticity. This leads to a compromise in breast fullness as the underlying support of fats and tissues decreases. This change is particularly evident at menopause.
With aging, the female experiences a decline in the reproductive hormone estrogen. This reduction in estrogen causes the breast to become less hydrated and lose its elasticity.
- Lack of Proper Support
Breast sagging in women can also be caused due to a lack of support, i.e. when you do not wear a supportive bra. Therefore, it is very important to wear a supportive bra to maintain your breast shape. Unfortunately, lack of proper support takes its toll over 30-40 years. Due to this, it is highly recommended that women go for a properly fitted supportive bra at lingerie.
Smoking can be another cause, as the carcinogens present in cigarettes cause elastin in the body to break down. This elastic is responsible for the elasticity of the skin throughout the body. With skin losing its elasticity, parts of your body like inner arms and breasts that were once firm may begin to droop. As per the researchers, smoking is one of the top causes of breast sagging.
- Weight Gain
Major weight changes can lead to unnecessary breast stretching. As you gain weight, the fatty tissue in the breast increases, thereby causing breast enlargement. Thus, women are recommended to maintain their weight to avoid unnecessary stretching.
Moreover, the added weight can increase the tension on connective tissues and ligaments. Thus, the breasts lose their shape and begin to droop as they struggle to bear the weight. Also, heavier breasts are more likely to decrease over time.
Here we have listed 7 yoga poses for breast tightening poses that can lift your sagging breasts and tone them. Go ahead and try these yoga poses for breast firming:
In this yoga pose, the lung volume is increased, thereby strengthening the abdominal muscles. This will provide additional support to your chest.
- In this pose, lie down on the chest and inhale in deep breaths.
- Get up from the floor with your arms putting your body weight on them.
- Lift your head, make exhaling breath and return to the starting position.
- Increase the holding time on the pose to up to 10 minutes over a period of time.
- Perform this yoga for good breast shape.
This yoga for breast fitness helps you strengthen the breast muscles and keep them in the correct shape.
- In this pose, you need to do stretch and hold it for some time.
- You start by standing straight, put your arms above your head and keep them together as in a namaskar pose.
- Now lift your left leg, place it on the right inner thigh, and keep your body weight on the right leg.
- Keep your arms upwards and take deep breaths.
- Be in this pose for 30 seconds and repeat with the other leg.
This yoga for breast support is good for treating backaches and bringing back the natural breast shape.
- Lie down on your stomach while exhaling breath.
- Bend the knees and bring them near the head.
- With your hands, hold your ankles and take an exhaling breath.
- Pull your arms with the legs by stretching.
- Stay balanced on your stomach and hold in this posture for 60 seconds.
This yoga for breast toning will surely make you feel good.
This yoga exercise for breast sagging makes your thorax elastic and helps it stretch better. This increases the strength of your breasts.
- Start with your feet apart and parallel to each other.
- Turn your left foot to the left and right foot inside.
- Take an exhaling breath and bend your left knee.
- Keep both your hands up now and parallel to the ground.
- Turn your head to the left and towards your wrist.
- Repeat this on the right side and do it 7-10 times a day.
This yoga for breast pain relief stretches the abdomen, thorax, thighs, and inguinal region. In this pose, the lung volume is increased, and the thorax is strengthened.
- You need to start by standing on your knees and pulling the feet closer.
- Then slowing bend backward.
- You need to keep your hands on the heels.
- Then arch the back portion and stretch the ribs.
- Take your head from the floor and stay in this position for 30 seconds.
This yoga for uneven breast size will improve spinal strength, stretch the thorax, and increases blood flow in the body.
- Keep your feet apart while standing.
- Turn left feet 90 degrees and right 15-degree angle.
- Use your left hand to touch your left ankle and keep your right arm upwards.
- This will make a straight line from the hands.
- Keep your spine and knees straight.
- Look at the fingers by turning your face up.
This yoga for breast lift helps improve the spinal cord, neck, and thorax. This also relieves fatigue and headaches.
- Start by lying down on the back and keep your feet apart.
- Pull your feet now to your butt.
- Keep your hands behind your head and point towards the back.
- Stay in this position for 30 seconds.
- Repeat it 7-10 times a day.
The Setu Bandhasana or bridge pose is a stretching pose that helps strengthen the muscles and chest and increases breast tissue elasticity.
- Lie down on your back
- Keep your arms sideways and fold your knees while keeping the feet and hip apart.
- While inhaling, slowly lift your back and touch your chin to the chest without bending the chin.
- Keep breathing and hold the pose for a minute or two.
- Then, slowly come back while exhaling and relaxing.
Standing forward bend, also known as Uttanasana, is a standing hatha yoga pose that stretches the back and is a great exercise for breast tightening.
- Stand straight with your feet apart.
- Bring your hands above your head with palms facing each other.
- Slowly, bring your hands in the front at the heart center and bend forward with a flat back.
- Bend forward and touch your fingertips to the ground. If possible, also touch your arms to the ground to maximize the stretch.
- Release all the tension while hanging the head down. Engage in deep breathing and hold the pose for around two minutes.
- Come back straight while inhaling.
The basic plank exercise builds up stamina, strengthens the arms and shoulders, and is also an excellent exercise for breast tightening.
- Lie down on the ground.
- Bring your hands towards the shoulders while keeping the palms to the ground.
- While you breathe in, lift your body and make it parallel to the ground.
- Hold the pose for some time.
- Then, come back while exhaling and relaxing.
So ladies, get starting with these 7 yoga poses and say goodbye to sagging breasts.